Why Is Waxing Better Than Shaving?
You have heard it over an over that waxing is better than shaving. It might sound like a marketing scheme your esthetician uses to get you to come back every four to six weeks. So, is it true that waxing is better than shaving? You be the judge.
- Waxing Eliminates Razor Burns: There is nothing more irritable than having to deal with razor burns all day. It's painful and itchy, and not to mention, it doesn't look good!
- Waxing Doesn't Cut or Scar You: If you have ever shaved, you know the pain and the aftermath of getting cut with a razor. In waxing, there are no razors involved which means no cuts and no blood!
- Waxing Saves Time and Work: Shaving each time you step into the shower v. Waxing every four or six weeks by a professional esthetician who is fast and efficient; You do the math!
- Waxing Slows Regrowth and Thins Out The Hair: Because waxing pulls the hair from the root, it damages the follicles. Consequently, repeated damage shuts down the follicles which means that over time the hair doesn't grow back.
- Waxing Makes You Hair-free Longer: It often takes one or two days for hair to regrow after shaving. This is not the case with waxing. In most people it takes four to six weeks for hair to grow back.
- Waxing Is (Almost) Pain-free: We say almost because the amount of pain depends on the amount of hair. If waxing is done on regular basis, over time, there will be less hair. This is why it is necessary that you keep up with your waxing sessions in order to have a pain-free experience.